Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shopping for Clothes

I've almost got this whole clothes shopping thing down. 

At about this time every year my mom takes me to get some new clothes for the coming school year. When i was a kid this sucked soo much! Not only was I a kid, so my sized changed every year, but it was around 3rd or 4th grade when I fully realized I was a "chubby" kid. 

It was tough then trying to find the right jeans that fit my short and wide body, it still is.
You come to accept your body is not in the majority. 
Still half the jeans i get are a bit to long. And my chub varies on activity and season. 
I've come to find a sweet spot in some brands (my size is different on different brands) and at least last year the popular jeans tended to be forgiving to my body type.

This year was a little tough. What the fuck is with "boot leg cut"? it feels like I'm wearing bell bottoms with spandex across my thighs. 

And why do all the jeans look dirty now. Its like this fake working tough guy style.
That's not right, you gotta earn that dirt in them jeans.
Same with all the pre-cut holes, extra buttons and pockets, all shit. 

I managed to find 3 pairs of jeans. Why do people call it a pair of jeans anyway? It's not like a pair of socks? WTF?

Oh!
Donovan and I have this new thing for whenever we see something that is ugly and like fancy big houses built in the middle of farmland or a big yacht or truck
We pantomime blowing it up with an imaginary bazooka!

try it sometime.   


1 comment:

Natasha Norton said...

Your mom still takes you school clothes shopping??