Sunday, September 14, 2008

California Crossection

Well, I'm off to San Diego tomorrow.
Pretty excited for that.
Totally gonna get some ginger ale on the plane ride over.
mmmmmmmmm ginger ale

Hopefully Matt and I can keep ya'll updated as we roadtrip up.
Pictures! .....maybe.
I bet Matt is gonna make me go to IN and Out Burgers and will fart in there faces and say how much better Dicks Drive In is!

So I was in this book store I like a lot in Mount Vernon called Eastons. And I found a book I loved as a kid. Did anybody read/look at for hours the Incredible Crossections books. Well I found the Man of War one about the British Navy Ship. It is so cool, just as cool as it was when I was ten. I want to bring it on the plane, but it's pretty big. I just need to find the Star Wars and Castle books.

British naval history is cool. I loved this show on A&E called Horatio Hornblower.

2 comments:

Lily said...

In-N-Out is the Pleasantville version of Dick's. It's always sunny so everyone's smiling and bareheaded and straight-spined and all the teenagers think they're living in a movie. Each interior surface is sparkling white and there are neither drunks inside* nor homeless people outside. The food looks fresh and clean and when you're done with it a tanned girl in a cute little outfit comes and cleans up for you (and if you’re an outsider: therefore makes you feel guilty and uncomfortable). Tom Waits would never touch it. So purely objectively – it is better.
Let them have it and add Dick's to the list Washington features only we Northwesterners can love with our little rainy mossy mushroomed hearts.

*Okay, so there’s only one Dick’s that even HAS an inside.

Natasha Norton said...

When is the ETA for oly?