Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Reflections on San Diego so Far

It is big.

And driving around it makes it seem bigger. It's like being trapped in vortex the car keeps going but nothing changes, house after house all white with spanish roofing. Palm tree here, eucalyptus tree there, lots of brown. 

There is stuff everywhere. 
Safeway is called Vons and I felt cool when I got here because I already new that. They also have Ralph's which is mentioned in The Big Lebowski. I went in one last night so I could check it off my list of Places to go Featured in Coen Brothers Films. Bainard here I come! 

I went to In-N-Out twice so far and while I agree with Matt It is very good and the milkshake is just about the best thing around for $1.75 it still can't beat my Dicks. 

The Mexican food rocks.

I found a scorpion under the second rock I lifted up while exploring a "canyon" After following the canyon for about 2 miles I ended up at Matt's old High School. I called for help after this. 

Matt's house is like a library so many books. So when Matt is at the dentist or we have nothing to go I get to read.

Just finished the Perks of Being a Wallflower. Pretty dang good, although I wished I read it in High School, still though it was very good. 

I should be reading City of Salt for my class, but fuck that book. 

I think The Office is on tonight. Yes. I may miss it. Dang. Hopefully I may get to go on or near the set in LA. 

It's hot and I miss me rain and trees and all you guys and to be honest I'm ready to be on the road. But it's cool. 

This trip may help me appreciate Olympia and La Conner. 

Oh yeah and I miss all of you. And I am excited about my house. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats your dicks...

Natasha Norton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natasha Norton said...

San Diego isn't really a big city (I know this because I spend a lot of time there) it is more like lots and lots of suburbs, Adam Brody, and a zoo. That's it.

ps. I want a fucking coffee table.

Amanda said...

Gnocchi is potato pasta. It's amazing.

Also fuck San Diego, come to Minnesota and I will show you everywhere from Fargo.