Thursday, April 30, 2009

Epiphany


My class field trip to Utah was pretty great.
On our first full day in Ogden we hiked a trail up to a peak on the Wasatch Mountain range.
It was the toughest hike I have ever done. I mean we were hiking on the freaking snow line! And as corny as it sounds when I reached the top of that peak every thing seemed clear. I had an epiphany, maybe several about my life.

I want to help protect the environment. I want to do everything I can to reasonable help out. I want to be outside for most of my life. I want be a part of nature. I want to help and teach kids about nature. On a personal level I want to be a nicer person. More caring and aware of the feelings of every person I hold dear.

I'm still not even sure what it all means yet. People keep telling me to be a park ranger. I'm not sure about that.

No comments: