Monday, October 13, 2008

The Hopless Romantic

Screw being in your 20's. All I heard when I was in high school was that this is supposed to be the best time of your life.

Well, I'm over it. I don't buy it. Being young, going to bars, hooking up, dating, going to college.
I'm an old soul.
I want to be in my late 30's with a wife, a house with a big yard in a rural area with 2.5 kids.
A steady job as a history teacher. I'll go fishing, and make coffee cake for breakfast every Sunday.

But I guess I should take in my youth while I can.

I get a lot of crap for being romantic about stuff, mostly from Corbin.
I idealize classic America and want to hold on to it.

That's why I like old rustic things, diners, farms, things clinging on in our modern world.




3 comments:

Lily said...

Charlie, I know exactly what you mean.

Charlie said...

Thank you Lilly.

carhenge said...

I went to this cool donut shop the other night and I was thinking about how old and dirty and simple it is and how much you and Tasha would both love it.

The bathroom is covered in pages from cat calendars.

coffee- $.90
donuts & rolls- $.40-$.95

The point of all of this: Come to Omaha and bring everyone. Old people and twenty-somethings alike find joy in the pleasures of this fine city.