Monday, April 14, 2008

Dinosaurs and Camp Fires

I've been feeling pretty active lately.

Just had the first meeting of a club I'm trying to start, Dinosaur Club.
I feel like I'm doing something, be it silly. Only two people showed up at first. Freshmen Zoe and Nick. Then later Riley, Laurel, and Michele followed by Ryan. It went pretty well, I got the signatures I needed and hopefully we will be come a real group with funding next year. We have some cool ideas floating around like raising money and going on a field trip to a palaeontology dig in Utah or something. Dino dances and speakers too.

I just want to start a group at evergreen that's about fun and not something of political importance. I get enough of that from class. I want a group that can act silly.

In other good news I officially have a summer job. I'll be a camp councilor at Camp Kirby on Samish Island (by Bellingham) It's part of Camp Fire Kids. Also their still looking for people, so if you want low pay and no life, but you get to sing songs in one of the most beautiful places in Washington you should talk to me.

That, along with confirmed housing buddy Caleb for next year takes so much stress away. Now I can focus the ion lasers at school. Believe it or not, but I'm actually amped about some stuff in that class. In seminar we talked about actually putting some peracon ideas in motion.

The Plan is to create a "Community Fun Space" that will provide a list of economic "values" we came up with. Such as health care, leisure, sports, anti-oppression, education ect.
We would do this through a land trust and fund raising.

I have a temporary roomate right now. Nathan. Him and Tasha are in a lull period to get in their apartment so he's crashing at my place. We've gotten to know each other pretty well.

No comments: