Thursday, April 3, 2008

That's a nice jar full of shitty looking liquid you got there

It was the second day of class today. I wasn't as nervous, but it wasn't great either. Part of me wants to get through this class and the other screams what the hell I'm I doing here.

First off there was a petition by SDS to get them unbanned from campus, the guy sitting next to me happened to be the one that made the announcement and passed it out, he looked at me as I passed it on without signing.

It's not that I think they should be banned. I just don't want to support them in anyway.

Today was a workshop, I've never been in one of those. There was a group activity. Waiting for us after the break were grouped tables with paper and markers. I sat with Jai and other girls filled in around. The task was to make a symbol of the current U.S. economy and our vision of an ideal economy. I knew my true ideas wouldn't fit with the group so I compromised thinking of basic agreeable stuff. "I love drawing stuff!" I shot right in trying to establish myself but soon all my ideas were shot down, snubbed, and flatly ignored.

It sucked. Jai has been trying to explain it to me and it still sucks. Apparently I'm loud and overbearing (duh) but that isn't interpreted as, "oh, hey this guys excited and hyper." No, it's "He's an overpowering male attempting to push his ways on us."

Well fuck. I try to be the best feminist I can (try). I understand I am a white male, and that it's not a level playing field. But it's also like the have that red robot profiling vision from Terminator, you know, it scans the target then types out the name, height, weight, ect.
Ahhhhh judgey Mc Judgersons!!!!!

Well at least the sun was out today, that was great. Frisbee, football, dragon slaying, you know the usual.

Oh and there was this RAD Services staff appreciation lunch. Total shit. All a fucking smoke screen trying to keep us from boiling over. They think free food, a 50 cent rise and poems will subdue us! Fuck that noise.

All that shit stacked up tonight. I felt left out with some stuff with my friends, but then I got my grumpy ass over to hang out with them.

A walk around the lake and The Reef and I feel like a new man. Well, at least until I start reading again.

Oh and The Reef as shirts now, Tasha and I got one. Also there's been some remodeling. That unsettles me greatly. I hate change. I yeah and Jai said she saw Fjored and his gang pointing at me and talking shit. She told me this after they were gone so I didn't freak out. I say bring it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's weird that they are hella annoyed and irritated that you are ignorant of their beliefs but at the same time there's no room for your opinion.

I mean, I guess I can't say because I'm not really seeing it, but it seems like their expecting you to come to their point of view without accepting yours.
KINDA bullshit.
Hopefully it gets better though!

Amanda said...

I want a Reef t-shirt.