Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What Protects

An angel came to my doorway
the morning light spread out
in such warmness
i could not breathe
she touched my check and my
hair began to tingle all over
she told me in a whisper
be kind to others
bring them the joy you
seek and can only
bring to others
open your heart to them and
protect them with all your might
you can protect others better then help
she granted me hope
the courage would find itself

---------------------------------------------

There came an angel
her wings broken and bleeding
feathers littered my floor
i opened my grizzly arms
welcoming her into the
furnace of my soul
slowly warming
her eyes hiding in my shoulder
i will protect you my dear
you are safe now
inside this armor is
my heart and it will guide
us both

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.
Change doesn't have to be a death, though.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you blog anymore?