Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nightmare

I had a crazy dream/nightmare last night
this is what I remember.

I was in the plaza of a hotel like building that overlooked the ocean. I was siting on a white couch by a fireplace watching TV with other people, not sure if i knew them or not. The ocean was grey and there was a cruise ship out there.

The report on the news said there was a terrorist attack, in a big city. I was like ok, NY is getting fucked up again. The attack used airliners like 9/11 did, and slammed into some buildings. I looked to the ocean while drinking a cup of coffee and then saw an airliner, it leveled out close to the sea and crashed into the rear of the cruise ship, followed by lots of other explosions.

This guy that looked like Neil Diamond in lifeguard shorts started baring orders. He sent people that could swim well out to rescue people. Even though I can't swim I found myself on a kayak going out to the sinking ship, nothing but burning rubble and people screaming. Some survivors started swimming to my kayak, I told them help was coming, they started to grab my kayak and climb on it. I told them no and it started to flip. I hit some of them with the paddle to keep them of and paddled away leaving them behind.

I came to shore and it was city, burning with ash falling down. I was surprisingly calm. I ran off looking for someone, I'm not sure who, but probably someone I care for deeply. I couldn't find her and i came back to the meeting place, which was the Seattle Space Needle. It had been tipped over like a fallen tree. I entered the elevator shaft like going in a cave. Inside was a round table with people talking. It looked like a law office from the 70's.

I told them this was a bad place to meet because the space needle is a famous building and probably is a target of the terrorists.

I woke up.

This dream was weird, I don't thin of terrorism much. I don't know what it means, so I looked up some key words at a dream website,

Ship
To see a ship in your dream, denotes that you are exploring aspects of your emotions and unconscious mind. The state and condition of the ship is indicative of your emotional state. If it is a cruise ship, then it suggests pleasant moods. If it is a warship, then you are experiencing feelings of aggression.

Shipwreck
To see or dream that you are shipwrecked, suggests that you are experiencing some emotional conflict or are having difficulties in expressing your feelings. Additionally, you may not be ready to confront issues in your unconscious.

Destruction
To dream about mass destruction, suggests that there is some chaos occurring in your life. Things may not be going the way you want it to. Perhaps the choices your are making are self-destructive.

Burning
To see something burning, indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions and/or passionate sexual feelings. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore.� Alternatively, it may suggests that you need to take time off for yourself and relax.

Weird?

I don't know if I think this is garbage or not. There wasn't a translation for terrorist attack, which I thought was odd.

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Corbs said...

charlie, I thin this might have something to do with your passionate lust or heroin.

Laurel said...

dreams are generally better off not decoded with universal, "one size fits all" symbolism from books and websites.
"Dreams are unread letters to ourselves"

You have to think about what each bit of it means to you, how you felt in the dream, things in your life it might connect to. And how it could all connect together.