Sunday, November 30, 2008

So that's were I get it from

ooooooooooooooooooooh fuck Thanksgiving break is over and I did not work nearly enough on my research project.

Fact: You have to pay to recycle in Skagit County
Fact: They said no to the PUD and PSE is still there
Fact: Only county in Western Washington to vote predominantly Republican

Conclusion: Maybe my small town humbleness is all a shame behind the fake America I love.

So I was at my mom's and I'm pretty sure she wants to give me diabetes, not on purpose but shit when did I turn into such an adult so that I notice how much sugar is in things. Like cookies. Only when you make them do you notice they are like 60% sugar. She made and sent home with me: caramel corn, baklava, sninkerdoodles, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheese cake, apple pie, and more I can't think of right now.

Conclusion: I'm gonna pull a Corbin. I'm not going to eat sugar for about a month or more. This will either be for Lent or the time period after winter break to my birthday February 25th. This could mean I will go mental. All my favorite things have sugar: pie, cereal, cake, cookies, kool-aide, root beer, mochas, pancakes, jam!!!

At least I don't need sugar in my coffee.

3 comments:

carhenge said...

do pop rocks count as sugar???

Amanda said...

I want snickerdoodles...

Lily said...

I had a similar resolution, only mine didn't last nearly as long. I even Googled "sugar addiction" hoping to be scared into abstinence, but I just sort of thought it was silly. Then I ate one of the cupcakes I'd just made and it was pretty good. Everyone needs at least one vice. Just brush yo teef.