Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ah Sheit

So I'm doing a another contact winter quarter. But I got a partner in crime, Julien.
I just realized this is my second contract on a civil war. So hopefully if I'm looking for a job in the future the person hiring me is really into civil wars.

Boss: "So Charlie, what past experiences do you think you can bring to the table at B&B Enterprises?"

Me: "Well uh, I studied two civil wars in college, the American and the Spanish."

Boss: "Oh Sheit I love talking about the Civil War! You're hired. Man you gonna love this job. We have a lunch room with 70 different types of cereal in it and you can make all the weird noises you want. Oh and there's a Fjord shaped punching bag."

Only in dreams, Only in dreams.

On another note did you know there are only two Historians on the Evergreen faculty. Man what the fuck. Also Evergreen is no longer a liberal arts and science college, just arts and sciences. This according to my sponsor Dave.

Well sheit, all this time I was avoiding art and theatre classes because I want to have liberal arts degree and go on and be a history teacher but it turns out my degree will say art even after I've taken a bunch of god awful humanities classes in order to get some credit in history. So if anyone is as pissed as I am maybe we should send some letters to the dean......if that will do any good. But hey, if SDS got they're way so should we.

3 comments:

Lily said...

Aww. You and Julien, partners in crime. Today in class I learned that you can study execution to become and executioner at some colleges.

Anonymous said...

But art makes life worth living!
S

Amanda said...

1) You know what else one of those historians is a faculty of? FRENCH

2) Fjord hating is so last year.

3) You should really take the Russia program spring quarter.