Saturday, December 13, 2008

Manic-Depresive Storm

Not to sound like an old man or anything, but sometimes you cam forget about the pure beauty and power nature can have.

It happened yesterday. I had my last day of class for the quarter, it was a potluck and it was over by noon. The stormy weather was picking up just as I was walking to my car. I was cold and grumpy about several colliding events in my life.

Anyway, I got home and went on the computer to watch clips of David Lynch and Werner Herzog on you tube. My desk and computer face looking out to Eld Inlet. The wind whipped around the house, branches cracked, and the gray water was throwing a tantrum. Mother nature grumpy too and it made me feel good. I felt sheltered in my home, but also thought about trees falling upon the house and crushing me. (even worse in my sleep)

After watching Werner Herzog eat his own shoe, I looked up from the screen and saw a yellow hue slice across a gray blanket of clouds. Seconds later a rainbow emerged from the breakaway sunlight in the western sky reaching down and ending on the surface of the seawater in front of me. I have never seen anything like it before, for a second a thought about kayaking to the rainbow's. I also looked for a pot of gold for a split second. These are the things you dream of as a kid.

Then the band of color started to fade away as the dark clouds regrouped and took back their spot in the sky.

No comments: