Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Decisions

So I went home this weekend, no particular reason why. I just was stressed out in Olympia and had to get out and clear my head. I have some decisions coming up and I wanted advice from my old man and mom.

My Dad surprised me with my birthday gift: a 1974 red schwinn speedster bike. It is so cool. My mom took me out to lunch and got me a new cell phone that it is way to fancy for my technophobic ass.

I played catch with my dad, watched some of the pro bowl, and rode bikes with Donovan and Ari. I'm pretty sure Shari's gave me food poisoning also. Do Not Trust the Mashed Potatoes!

The big decision was about my fate with the beach cabin. Everyone was leaving I was freaking out about finding a place and what was going to happen with the safety deposit money. I found a place, an apartment in college court. It's simple, on a bus line, easy bike ride to school.

Then, my land lady called. She said she felt bad about what happened with me and offered my the ability to live in the cabin by myself for $300. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

My Dad and I put it on paper to see what would be cheapest in the long run. Even though rent at the beach cabin would be $25 cheaper than the apartment, factor in the electric bill that averages $100 bucks, and gas, and being all alone. The apartment ends up being more affodable and I'm looking forward to the change.

I know so many of you love coming over to my rural sanctuary where we have TV nights and can be super loud and hang out and enjoy the water. And I'm sad I will miss it in the spring time. And I will miss looking out into the water while I tackled my homework. I feel bad about putting the final nail in the coffin of a great gathering location. But this will affect me the most and I'm making the decision for me.

The final gathering will most likely be for my 21st birthday

1 comment:

Natasha Norton said...

I swear by those mashed potatoes. A side is only a buck fifty. Thats awesome!