Thursday, February 14, 2008

Decisions & Situations

Winter Quarter is gonna come to a close soon. Then I'll have to find a real class to take. After this year I will be halfway done with my Liberal Art's, then two more to be a teacher (if I still wanna do that). So I guess the programs I'm picking have more meaning to them.
Here's what I got:
Reality Check: Indian Images and (Mis)representations
- Most logical choice for my history endorsements.

So You Want to be psychologist?
- I don't want to be a psychologist I just want to learn about it. There's a field trip to California. $$$ and I'm sure teaching deals a lot with psychology.

Learning about Learning
- This is actually kinda for people who want to be teachers. But it kinda looks silly and not fun at all.

Poetry New York
- You go to New York to read, write, live, and breathe poetry. I'd have to turn in a 10 page portfolio. The poetry I write isn't anything special I just like making words sound pretty and make emotions look like something. I'd be out of my element. It would also expend all my travel savings. Actually I might not even have enough. It would also mean quiting my job.

I need to travel. I'm saving, but I don't know how long that stash of money can be saved. I want to do an Independent contract where I drive across the country. That's a year away. I also plan to live of campus and have a normal job next year. And shit always will happen and I'll have to dip in my savings. One thing I can do is keep my social spending down, but oh do I love going to The Reef and seeing movies.

Basically I'm hoping I'll find some sort of direction in my life. So friends that read this I'm open to advice via real life or here.

I've also been an ass lately. I don't have much for excuses. So I'm sorry, I'm trying to control myself. I'm starting to feel some weight on my shoulders.

I saw the Diving Bell and The Butterfly tonight. It was a fucking great movie. I suggest it to you all.

Bye the way, fuck Valentines Day.

Okay, maybe it's to easy to hate on Valentines Day. I'll see what happens, all I know is that I have to work.

No comments: