Monday, February 4, 2008

When Everything Looks to be Gloom, Just Yell

The New York Giants won the Super Bowl!

I don't think much of you reading this cares, but this was one of the greatest Super Bowls of all time. What an upset! At the end of the night my voice was almost gone from yelling so much. Every so often I'd look at Jai's face, she just looked at us in awe. Anyway Tasha and I put a cup of coffee at The Reef on the line. A bunch of us went there and I enjoyed my victory cup of coffee.

Underdogs. Everything in the world will seemingly be going the other way, but some how, some where, there will be an underdog there to upset the whole balance.

Being in a play can be fun, but it also bits into my time. Lame.

It's my sisters birthday, better call her.

Back to Jai's face. It's funny how big a role sports plays in human culture. I grew up with football, the Super Bowl was always like a holiday around my house. This has been passed on to me. At Evergreen the majority of people don't care about it. That's different to me. It was really fun to have those who showed up cheering with me. It sucks how liking a certain sport creates a personality you're supposed to fit. If you like football it means you're a backwards hat wearing bro, soccer/hippie and so on. I kinda lost track with what I was trying to say, you get it. Everyone has there on thing and people should just have fun with it.

I'm heading to good Old La Conner this weekend. My buddy Matt Louvy Louvitto is probably coming along. It will be fun to so him around my old stomping ground. I feel when I bring my college friends to LC they get a better understanding of who I am.

There's a cigarette
smoldering on the edge
of his drooped lips
eyes squinted hard
making sure the lines are
straight and even
the hum and idle of
the lawnmower create the
monsters roar
tearing green flesh
onto his New Balance
shoes
a forgotten G.I. Joe
is in impending doom
the roar stops
holds it in
his sweaty hand
he his returned to
his fort at the
base of a tree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck yes the Giants won the Superbowl! See you this weekend, bud.