Tuesday, January 20, 2009

On Stumble

I was stumbling on the internet and I found this.
It's a pretty blog about pretty art with a pretty name, My Love for You is Like a Stamped of Horses.
I like the phrase a lot, so I'm going to write some of my own.

my love for you is like the Death Star blowing up Alderaan
my love for you is like a tsunami engulfing Sir Lanka
my love for you is like a forest fire in the summer
my love for you is like a whale jumping over an aircraft carrier
my love for you is like the King Dome imploding then putting itself back together again
my love for you is like Superman and The Hulk punching each other in the face
my love for you is like Mount Saint Helans erupting and turning Spirit Lake into a puddle
my love for you is like an avalanche falling into a volcano creating the deepest lake ever known

oh.............I hope I don't think love is violent and destructive.

how about this:
my love for you is like a warm blanket on a cold day
my love for you is like a raincoat shielding you from the rain
my love for you is like every warm grain of sand on a beach
my love for you is like a driftwood fort
my love for you is like a swimming pool full of cotton balls that you jump into from a swing

4 comments:

Natasha Norton said...

So, I think we all need to ask ourselves and each other what the hell is happening in Charlies life and how can we help him?

Amanda said...

There's this play called Faith County I read in high school where this woman with a ridiculous southern accent writes a poem that starts out "My love for you is like an ocean wave" and I don't remember the rest but it ends in making seagull noises.

Lily said...

I've been a "stampede" fan forever! We should have a "pretty blogs" meeting and compare notes.

And, yes, Charlie... there are a few of those on your list that could have "Hate" replace "Love" and still make sense.

Lily said...

This site is a combination a little bit cute, a little bit annoying, and definitely repetitive, but:
http://iloveyoumorethanblank.com/homies/page/2

"I love you more than being the little spoon" made me smile.