Friday, December 28, 2007

Almost Getting Arrested

I almost got arrested today. I was hanging out with Katherine Paul, she rocks. We were on our way to The Business* in Annacortes. On the way we saw a bunch of old junk on this beach in Summit Park. We decided to go check it out and take some pictures. We found an old transit bus that was so badass! Even more Badass was finding an old rusty sign that said explosives on it. I set it to the side and continued to explore. 

As we left i took the sign with me. I broke rule 2 of Urban Exploring, "Do not take property, at least in an obvious way." I should've at least waited until night but this sign was so badass that i couldn't wait. DUMB! 

After going to The Business and having pizza at Village I got a call from my old man. He was angry, he said the Sheriff was there looking for me, something about an explosives sign. 

Fuck! I tell Kathy we have to go. I was calm at first but she started to get me freaked out. Crap who saw us, the owner, oh god the owner is gonna be some crazy old man. I'm going to jail, I'm gonna hand cuffed, court, lawyers, fines, I ain't got the goozalas for this shit. I dropped Katherine off and drove to my impeding doom. Canada then Cuba, start a new life. Oh shut up. I rolled up and saw my Old Man red faced in the driveway. Then the silver Sheriff car. Why the fuck is Sheriff car silver, fuck that shit I bet this hooptie wagon has rims. "Charlie, can I see the sign," Sure i say, i know this cop, he's aight. 

Long story short he said i could get arrested for trespassing and theft. Lucky me, the owner was cool and didn't press charges he just wanted his sign back. Cool Beans. The sheriff told me to stay out of trouble while i was in town. My Old Man said it was cool sign but i was a fucking idiot. This is true. 

I got a $25 itunes card for xmas. I got some stuff I'm into so tell me if you approve. 
Juno soundtrack, includes Kimya Dawson, Moldy Peaches, Belle & Sebastian, The Kinks some: 
Lily Allen
Feist 
The Blow 
CSS
Peaches
Tokyo Police Club 
The National 
Landon Pigg 
Portishead   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you could find the soundtrack of Land Before Time on iTunes if you wanted to. =]
And all for a sign.. I guess it sounds less stupid than through association and a pink paddle boat.
How lucky that they didn't press charges and the cop was friend(ly), though.
-Sam

Natasha Norton said...

Oh Charlie, for a kid who doesn't do much wrong, you seem to always be getting yourself into a pickle. When we get back to school I am going to have to burn a copy of that Juno sound track.