Sunday, December 30, 2007

Crazy Lady at Jack in the Box

Leon and I were a sit'n and watch'n the Giants Pats games. The New England Patriots are now 16-0, first time a time has done that since the Dolphins way back in the 60's. The Giants almost had them, god i hate the Patriots. Yes i always root for the underdog, but the Patriots are more than a good football team their cheaters. Nobody remembers they cheated way back when. Fuck that noise. I wonder if it's some weird reflection of my personality that i always root for the underdog. I only enjoy victory in the least likely form. 

So we get a aching for cheese burgers. Wendy's? Nah, square burgers. Fuck that shit. We opt for the only fast food I find acceptable in these situations. Jack in the Crack. We get there and order our burgers. Leon is whistling the Moldy Peaches i was playing in the car. Then this old lady yells, "No whistling!" Leon smiles awkwardly and stops his tune. My cRaZy lady alarm is going off. See looks like a Mrs. Claus on crack. I grab our burgers and sit down. I'm about to bite in and the lady yells to Leon "Get me some Ketchup!" I look at him in horror. He smiles and says please and thank you goes a long way. I want out, people don't talk to people in fast food joints. She asks us were we're from. I say Twin Peaks, and smile at leon so she doesn't see me. She continues to babel on about snow and her blue truck. I'm 3/4 on the burger. A ketchup packet wizzies past my ear and lands on the table. Leon has nothing left, he just looks around. Let's get the hell out of here. He nods and we leave. 

New Years is my least favorite holiday ever. Its right up with Valentines Day. But Valentines at least brought me joy as a kid. New Years sucks. If your a student the real "new year" is in the fall, that's when have some sort of fresh start. New years have just always been crappy for me. What's with that whole bring in the new year with a kiss and get totally wasted....... Maybe it has to do with that witch that cursed me back when i was 9. More on that later...... If anyone has ideas on how to have a good New Years let me know. 

I've been watching Pushing Daisies, good show.  

2 comments:

Natasha Norton said...

Hey! Yeah, New Years Eve does kind of suck. Last year I sat around and watched seinfeld with Nathan, this year I might just sit around and watch movies with other people. This holiday can be like any other day if you treat it like so.

Anonymous said...

pushing daisies is ridiculously cute!