Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Road

So right now I'm reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy, the guy who wrote No Country for Old Men. Which is a kick ass movie by the way. Anyway, its fucking good. When I really get into a book or movie I have a habit of living them out in my real life.

The Road takes place in an ash ridden post-apocalyptic America.

What does everybody want when the world goes to shit or zombies become a reality?
Guns, food, and water.

This led me to offhandedly say to a friend that I wanted a gun. My friend, Riley, although completely wrong on his zombie philosophy, (He thinks a bow and arrow would make the best weapon.) was disgusted at my remark. Secretly i was too. No way would i admit this, so I went full steam into my reasoning. (read The Road)

I don't really want to own a gun. Just the fact that I would have one is ridiculous enough to want one. Also my strange fantasies and paranoia would to fulfilled almost to well. More on this later.

I saw The Golden Compass tonight, pretty much same old crap. But, there was one hell of a polar bear fight.

1 comment:

Natasha Norton said...

In Riley's defense, they were exploding arrows.