Sunday, December 9, 2007

End of Quarter Parties, ADHD, and Star Wars

Last night I went to my classes end-of-the quarter party. I actually had fun. So what! You might think that's what happens at parties, you have fun. For me that's not really the case. I'm not a drinker, not that a have some rule or code, I just don't choose to drink. I've had a hard time with this in the past. And by hard time I mean I'm an asshole. Recently I have been trying to wrestle my "asshole daemon" by respecting peoples decisions in life, that mine are not righter than others in the least bit.

I came to the party with a 12 pack of root beer and joined in a drinking game that was beyond me. I was called a vagina at one point(which was more silly than offensive) but for the most part my peers respected my choice. I punched my judgments in the face and decided to have fun. I danced to outkast and played go fish. What a night.

Today I woke up to Riley screaming at my balcony. "CHARRLLLIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Come out here there's snow!" I look outside, then go back to bed. I wake up it's half melted. I realize i'm out of cereal. Reef, I'll go to the Reef, eat, and work on my Eval.

I took the bus, this was a nice change to driving. I sat in a both and got out my notepad and pre-wrote, looking like such a cool sexy college student. I ordered a coffee, 1 pancake, and 1 egg.
I do this think where O put the egg under my pancake, pour on syrup, and stab it with my fork. The yellow yoke bleeds out of the pancake like it got shot.

Anyway, I'm really proud of myself for this. When I do to town or run errands by myself I feel uncomfortable, I feel like an adult, I'm more comfortable surrounded by people talking. I've also been working on conquering this. Also I've discovered I work well in public areas, it's not that i just want to look sexy reading and writing in a coffee shop, it actually helps me concentrate. I think it has something to with my obvious hyper activity and attention span problem. If my parents weren't as cool as they are I'd probably by on medication for ADHD or ADD since middle school.

Oh! A couple of nights ago some friends and I were walking through Macy's. Matt and I found gemmed Star Wars hoodies. Darth Vader, Yoda, Boba Fett, and a Stormtrooper. Now as proud Start Wars nerd I find this blasphemous! Boba Fett is NOT allowed to be gemmed GOD DAMN IT! Why George Lucas Why? Doesn't he know he's hurting his dearest fans? What demographic are they aiming for? Paris Hiltons that love stormtroopers!!??!! What is the world coming to?

No comments: