Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Batman Nerd

Last weekend I saw I Am Legend. This was a pretty good flick. Often, when talking with my movie nerd friends I bring up that Will Smith is the last movie star. Key word, movie star, the mere fact that he is in a movie will mean that the film will have success. I can't think of a movie he was in that wasn't at least successful in box office. I Am Legend made more money in a opening week for the month of December in movie history. Case closed. 

I must admit, the most exciting part for me was The Dark Knight (next Batman film) trailer that played. I just about shit my pants when I saw this preview. For real, real. I grabbed my friend next to me, I knew what was in the first nanosecond. If that's not proof of my nerdom, I don't know what is. Christopher Nolan gave the Batman franchise its balls back with Batman Begins and I've been waiting for the next one since. Nolan has been the first director to actually make a film that pays tribute to Batman's true badassness. Also during I Am Legend there is a giant billboard in the background with a Batman logo and a Superman logo. Cool. 

You can find the new Batman trailer on youtube, just search "the dark knight" 



2 comments:

Natasha Norton said...

Damn it Char char, you need to blog more.

Anonymous said...

the only reason will smith is the last movie star is because he never signs on to a project riskier than a prestige film. lame.