Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nothing can happen more beatiful than death

Joe Bowen, a friend of mine passed away this morning.

He's gone now, and that's it. I will miss him, as will anyone that knew him. I'm not going to talk about how he died, that's not important. What is important is remembering him and reflecting on his time here.

Joe it was a blast. Going to the drive-in seeing Talladega Nights with the hope of running into some girls that may have been there. Eating pizza in the back of a cramped hybrid with Katy Blevins.

Drinking Fader-ade at bible studies thinking they didn't have a clue.

I still have that vanilla flavored mini vodka bottle you gave me before I left for college. I don't know whether to save it or drink it in your honor. I'm leaning to the later.

You sitting behind me in Biology class thinking I'm the craziest mother fucker in the world. And somehow getting past it.

Encouraging me to wrestle.

Thank you Joe, you are forever in my memories.

Awhile ago a made a "Life List" to accomplish over my life. And though life can't be compounded to a list of goals it is nice to see them listed, a map for something important to do on this wild ride we call life. It takes death, most of the time to slap us into sense. It's unattainable, it can go in a blink.

The Life List of Charlie Huddleston

  • Graduate from college
  • Road trip across America
  • Write a comic book
  • Write a novel
  • Learn to ride a bike
  • Go to Europe
  • Perform in a band
  • Open my own diner/business
  • Make out in an elevator
  • Spend a whole day in bed with someone I love
  • Become a teacher
  • Have a family
  • Run for mayor of a town
  • Build a tree house
This is what I have, I could add more over time.


Nothing can happen more beautiful than death - Walt Whitman

No comments: