Friday, March 14, 2008

Pi Day

I'm sleep deprived and my head is full of the Civil War. I'm done with the quarter but I don't feel the least bit relieved.

It's pi day and all want is to have some pie.

But pie's not good for you.

I feel beat up and hallow. The things I care about seem selfish, and when I accomplish them I only find new things to worry about.

I'm starting to realize I will never be able to travel in the near future. I hate money. I envy those who get to travel. I want a piece of the pie. That forbidden slice of pie. How dare you admit that you're just in it for the money. Maybe I've just convinced myself I need to travel.

When I was young I used to stick my head in the couch, the part where the bottom cushion meets the arm. I would wedge my head in there and pretend I was a mole and I would fit and find a world living in the cushions of the couch. I would just float around a world of soft cushion goodness.

Everyone's got their pie pan, you just need to be able to afford the ingredients, know how to make it, and let it bake in the oven.

Why do I still believe in capitalism? My family hasn't seen much good out of it.

Maybe the rain is getting to me
and the lack of sleep

I'll feel better, sorry for the rant

3 comments:

Natasha Norton said...

I like all the pie metaphors

Amanda said...

Pumpkin pie, as long as there isn't too much sugar in it, actually is good for you.

Anonymous said...

Apple pie, with loads of sugar.