Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beards

Last night I was watching Late Night with Conan O'Brien. He and Jay Leno went on air with out writers. I saw the red headed funny man come out with something on his face, it was a beard! I thought it was fake at first, but sure enough it was as real as mine or any other proud bearded person. This made me so happy. Conan was representing the same red Irish beard I rock. It's genius, he had the time during the writers strike to grow, so he never had that awkward growing stage for everyone to see on TV. Also on my winter beak TV binge I saw a commercial for a new American Gladiators, I almost wet my pants when i saw this. I loved this show when i was kid. I've also discovered the channel Chiller. It's a channel on Direct TV dedicated to freaky, horror, and cult shows and movies. Among these it plays Twin Peaks my favorite show ever. 

Back to American Gladiators. I'm a chubby kid, always kinda have, I've grown to be comfortable with that. I lost a bunch when I played football back in high school. Since then its fluctuated greatly. I noticed I was putting it on over break. My Mom, bless her heart just gets so excited when I'm home that she'll cook all my favorite foods. My favorite foods are not good for you.(homemade carmel corn, pumpkin bars, snikerdoodles, tacos, pancakes,). I mainly want to work out and whatnot for the heath reasons. The old Man has diabetes among other problems, and i have the dame blood. So I'll take his problems as advanced warning signs. 

My plan is pretty simple. Eat better and work out. Easier said, than done. I am an incredibly impulsive person. This leads to buying and eating junk. So urge my close friends to keep me in check on this. For real real, not for play play. Another reason for this is American Gladiators. I always told myself I would try to do it when I was older. Well I'm older and the show is back, I take it as a sign. To even have a snowballs chance in hell to get on the show I'll have to be in competitive physical shape. 

So I'm strapping on the running shoes and munching on a god damn carrot. 

Sugar cereal will be my toughest vice. 

Loves Charlie   

1 comment:

Matthew Louv said...

I'm fully intending to start exercising in a major, concerted way when I get back to school. I played one round of ultimate frisbee and literally had to lay on the ground for fifteen or twenty minutes. If you ever want to work out, I'd be happy to show you around without any of the jockery I rolled out last time.