Thursday, January 10, 2008

That Snowball is Made of Fire and Death!

Hilary won the New Hampshire Primary, DAMN. McCain's alright for a Republican, I guess.

Monday night I was waken up to my window neighbor. "Charlie it's snowing!" I called Jai thinking she'd want to know, she already did but came out to watch on the balcony with me. Suddenly we were bombarded by snowballs. I used the snowball shrapnel to fight back, but soon ran out of arsenal. Therefore I bundled up and headed to war on their own ground. The attackers were none other than my fellow RA comrades Colin, Julian, and Tez. I came out of the back exit, fashioned some snowballs and made my move. I managed to break their team and turn it into a wild west shootout, every greener for themselves. As I took aim at Colin's face I saw several of my residents coming out, but instead of standing at their fearless leaders side they attempted to pummel me with snowballs of icy death. I used matrix bullet time moves and flung snowballs at Randy Johnston speed. At the end of the night I, along with everyone else involved was soaking and cold. I made peace and celebrated with my 5th floor comrades over hot cocoa.

Well to my avail all wasn't well in RAD services land. One RA was upset, and turned into a dragon because their beauty sleep was interrupted by our happiness. My boss got wind of this and wanted to show what little crap shit people we are for "getting caught up in the moment." Of course she dropped the "I should fire you" bomb that she always tosses around way to easy. Fuck that noise! I have had all sorts of jobs in my 2 decades. Dish washing, fast food, landscaping, gas station, working for a boat company. I understand doing work and doing it well for my earn. With this job there is no clock in and out then go on with your life. It follows you to every action. Well god damn it if i want to have a snowball fight at midnight, then I'm gonna do it. Life is to short to think about some worthless job. I'm gonna try to hang in there this year, mostly so I don't end up in Camp Quixote!

So that left me in a bad mood. I suck at taking care of living things. So far this year I've frozen a fish, killed half and cactus and torture an aloe vera plant. I decided to give it up to someone with more of a green thumb then I. One parent left it and another tried to care for it then gave it back. I picked off a dead chunk and without thinking kind of lung it. In all my luck it made a one in a million shot and hit her in the face. I could see the disbelief in her eyes. I felt horrible. I tried to mumble out an apology but the elevator doors closed. Fuck, I could've handled that so much better. How do I always get in these situations? I feel like a walking disaster so much! Master Of Disaster is what they should call me. I guess it keeps a blog interesting.

I'm doing an Independent Learning Contract this quarter. This means I don't have class or much structure of any kind. This scares me because I am a chronic procrastinator. So I really want to travel. I always win the who's traveled the least contest. I thought I would have the chance to do this, because of a stroke of luck on financial aid, but it looks like I'm getting less than expected. I've had several travel dreams floating around my head....
Europe - Do it all, problem unrealistic in funds
Ireland/UK - go back to my roots, problem $$$
Costa Rica - sun, beaches, jungles, speaking Spanish. I could do this WOOFING thing and with the exchange rate it would be easier on the $
Roadtrip Across America, it's easy to find people excited to do this with me(Tasha, Donovan) so there could be shared funds, I could also turn this into a contact. Problem! I have plenty of credit in U.S. History, it would be great to see America, but I really have an itching for international travel.

When I got back from the Reef tonight I found stretchy dinosaurs in front of my door. This made me super happy. So if who ever did it is a reader I thank you so much and want to give you a huge.

4 comments:

Natasha Norton said...

Turned into a dragon? I thought she was, like, always a dragon. My bad.

Samantha said...

It's okay, Charlie.. Really. =)
And the only reason why I gave it back was because Riley kept saying how bummed Elizabeth was and how I should get a flowery plant from Ace.
Dragon=Mandy?

Anonymous said...

you're a little bitch.

Anonymous said...

Good Job!: )