Friday, January 25, 2008

She Makes My Heart Go Beat'n

Last night I asked out a girl on a whim. She works at the Greenery and she's super cute. I wrote on a napkin: "would you like to get coffee with me sometime?" followed by my number and name. I got that feeling, like right before I was about to jump off a cliff into a lake last summer. I forced my body to jump even though my mind was screaming NO! I jumped I handed her the folded napkin and went back to my seat. After a couple minutes she came and sat across from me. What I got was kind of mixed response but leaning to the good side.
She said she was very busy and had two jobs and didn't have time for a relationship.
I responded, "I just want to have a cup of coffee with you."
"Okay," she said. "Well I have your number"
I couldn't stop smiling and my heart was going crazy. She said bye to me as I left. So I might sound crazy but I kinda have this superpower. My power is extremely accurate "gut feelings." There are some people I can tell I will not like and some that I know I'll get along with greatly. I have been wrong before(Maxime and Vegan Andy). With greenery girl I have this overwhelming good feeling about her. Well I hope she calls.

I was at Barns & Nobel today. I really wanted to get a Batman comic, but resisted. I need to find some more books for my Civil War contract. Suggestions? I got some Bukowski poetry, The People Look Like Flowers at Last, and a map of Washington(Atlas was $22 bucks, lame). This is preparation for a trip this spring quarter with Hetty. We both want to do something amazing on a budget. We're thinking of camping in Eastern Washington. I hope I'm reading Blood Meridian during this.

I also make one o my bosses red in the face last week. That was amazing. It was about them painting over the murals in the dorms. Specifically the ones prospies and their parents see. Fuck that noise.

This weekend Tasha and Matt are gone, this = lame. They are two corner stones in my circle of friends and fun. What the hell am I supposed to do now! Did they ever think of that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice dude. when are you on spring break? i have like the last week in march off from everything so we should do something?

Anonymous said...

too bad you don't have any other friends who are cool enough for you...

Amanda said...

You and your superpower.

You could probably find an atlas on Amazon or Barnes and Noble online for dirt cheap if you really want one.